Sunday, March 15, 2009

Time for an update...


Thanks to Sharah's prompting :) ...I decided to finally write an update on the Carroll household. Things are going really well. Both Terra an I are finishing up Winter quarter and looking forward to spring break. It's only a week but you have to have something to look forward to. I'm starting my last quarter at Eastern which reminds me to mention that we are going to throw one heck of a party in our backyard on June 13th (Saturday). Food to be provided (the famous BBQ boneless country style ribs), we will have a keg (Bud Light...sorry for the Coors drinkers), and some sort of a dance floor. We are inviting all of Terra's family and mine (including all our friends) so all of you need to mark your calendars to come to Spokane. It should be some good people watching!! Depending on how many people we get as a RSVP, we might reserve a block of rooms at the hotel across the street so no one has to drive if they have too much fun. Our backyard will be available for tents and we will have limited room in the house. Other than beer, it's a BYOB. Children are welcome. I think we are going to make the downstairs a kid friendly area for movies, snacks, games...etc. Terra has rented tables and chairs to accomidate a large group. Let us know if you can make it...we look forward to seeing everyone!

We had new tile installed in the kitchen this week and are now deciding on what color to paint before the appliances head back in. So, we are living with the fridge, table, and stove in the living room as of yet....and have had way too much fast food to eat. Flooring is something I don't want to screw up and pay to have fixed so we hired someone. When the wood floors are refinished, I think we will hire someone then too.

The boys are getting huge. Grant's been fighting some kind of stomach bug which has made it interesting around here for a few days. He was fine for a day or so...so Terra and I headed to Ephrata for a crab feed while Aunt Cathy and Uncle Tom watched the boys. And of course, Grant got sick while we were gone...we felt terrible but we thought he was better. She truly is a saint.

That's about it for now...I do have one question: Do any of you have satellite television, if so, which service should we go with?

Hope to see all of you in June!

5 comments:

  1. Yay!! ThANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE!! IVE BEEN WAITING!!!! I love the floor!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, nice floor! I don't know if you have looked, but Matt has been busy updating too. He bought his house in Dec 2008...I have some pictures. You guys kind of put us to shame. My basement still isn't completely done and I've been here for almost 10yrs now. Maybe seeing how busy you all are I'll get motivated and paint something...maybe. Oh, we have Dish Network, but Matt went with Direct TV, which must have been a better deal. See you at the Grange :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey we're family! How extended were you thinking, cause that sounds like a good time!!!
    Glad you are back on-line again.
    Whatever you do, talk to both dish companies so you can bargain, Ed got away with murder doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone is invited...and Paula, I don't consider your family "extended'...all of the Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, etc are invited. We are going to send out announcements/invitations to the Aunts and they can funnel down the information. But, if you don't here from them, it's Saturday, June 13th apprx. 3pm 'til whenever. If anyone wants to make room reservations, let me know and I will work on the block of rooms. And the tent offer still stands. No gifts by the way...just your presence. Hope to see you all soon.

    Michelle...you mentioned the grange...when is that?

    ReplyDelete